Position Vacancy: Fleet Assistant (Part- Time / EWA)
The Employees Welfare Association (EWA) of the U.S. Embassy Tokyo is seeking an individual for the position of Fleet Assistant.
POSITION: Fleet Assistant, Employees Welfare Association (EWA)
OPENING DATE: October 23, 2015
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
OPEN TO: All qualified applicants
WORK HOURS: As needed
SALARY: Up to 2,000 yen/hr
- Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- EWA will not sponsor work visas in Japan. Candidates must have the required residency permits to be eligible for consideration.
- This position is not a U.S. Federal Government position.
- Proof of citizenship and work eligible visa will be checked.
EWA is seeking:
A licensed driver to work under the Fleet Manager providing support to operate a school bus program, community tours, and overall EWA support including loading and unloading different types of cargo. Must be in good physical condition, a good driving record, and able to obtain/ maintain currency of all licenses required to perform duties assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
- Education: Completion of secondary school education is required
- Prior Work Experience: Two years experience driving buses and large vehicles required
- Language Proficiency: Good working knowledge of Japanese and/or English
- Knowledge: Basic familiarization of the Tokyo area preferred
- Skills and Abilities: Current Japan issued driver license with authorization to operate a vehicle carrying up to 19 passengers required; up to 30 passengers preferred.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA:
- When equally qualified, Eligible Family Members (EFM) will be given preference.
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
APPLICATIONS MUST INCLUDE:
- Download EWA Job Application Form (click here) or send request for application ONLY to email@example.com
- Cover letter for job applying for.
- Any other documentation (e.g. test scores, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that address the qualification requirements.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO:
Employees Welfare Association Admin Office
10-5, Akasaka 1-Chome
Minato-ku, Tokyo 107-8420